Sunday, February 19, 2012

2 Day Hiking

We changed our lodging for the weekend, which was a hike down a 2,000 ft mountain to a field station. The station had no hot water and no wireless, so most of us facebooked our friends and family and said adios! We packed what we needed for 2 nights (as well as my only pair of long pants for Zip lining for when we hiked back out of the mountain). It was cold. We hiked into the cloud forest and to the Children's Eternal Rainforest (which sounds like something out of a horror movie, so when the guys made jokes about  hearing little kids giggling in the jungle while we hiked, I couldn't help but laugh until I cried)
We saw something that looked like a raccoon. Not sure what it is! We also saw wild pigs that smelled bad. 
When we got to the field station, it was freezing. And I, being an idiot, only brought a small sweatshirt and one pair of yoga pants. Instant regret once I got to the station and freezed at night :(
BUT, the view of the volcano was my FAVORITE view out of everywhere we stayed. So pretty!










No comments:

Post a Comment